Company History

Top Page › Company › History

Company History

April 1950 Business commences at Kataoka-cho, Kusatsu-city (Shiga) as an individual enterprise.
June 1959 The head office and plant move to Nomura-cho, Kusatsu-city (Shiga). Business is reorganized as Tokiwa Industries Co., Ltd. with the capital of 1,000,000 yen.
September 1965 Production and sales of general industrial machineries is launched, based on the processing technology of precision parts for measuring instruments.
June 1969 Capital increases to 3,550,000 yen.
July 1970 Capital increases to 4,000,000 yen.
June 1974 Tokiwa Engineering Co., Ltd. is established with the capital of 2,000,000 yen to develop and design machineries and equipments.
October 1983 Capital of Tokiwa Engineering increases to 15,000,000 yen.
May 1984 The head office and plant move to Yasu-city, Shiga prefecture.
April 1986 The first machining center is introduced.
May 1995 Capital increases to 10,000,000 yen.
September 1995 A new plant is built in an adjacent area to respond to the increased demand.
August 2007 Capital increases to 30,000,000 yen.
February 2009 A new machining center is introduced and stars operation.
(Mazak VERTICAL CENTER NEXUS 510C-Ⅱ)
A large 5-face machining center starts operation.
(Mitsubishi MVR35 W2.5m × L5.0m × H1.6m)
January 2010 LCD module manufacturing / repair machinery operation is launched.
Module manufacturing is launched.
November 2012 A new machining center is introduced and starts operation.
November 2013 A new digital micro scope is introduced and starts operation.
(Keyence VHX-700F)
January 2014 Manual-Floating Type Coordinate Measuring Machines is introduced and starts operation.
(Mitsutoyo Crysta-Plus M7106)
April 2014 Capital increases to 60,000,000 yen.
February 2018 Suzukuni & Tokiwa Industries Co., Ltd. (Suzukuni group) succeeds the station due to absorption type division of Tokiwa Industries Co., Ltd.

Suzukuni & Tokiwa Industries
1219,yasu,yasu-shi,shiga 520-2342,Japan

☎ 077-588-3035 FAX 077-588-1874